The new AirPods deliver the wireless headphone experience, reimagined. Just pull them out of the charging case and they’re ready to use with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac.
After a simple one-tap setup, AirPods work like magic. They’re automatically on and always connected. AirPods can even sense when they’re in your ears and pause when you take them out.
To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call, or even get directions, simply say “Hey Siri” and make your request. You have the freedom to wear one or both AirPods, and you can play or skip forward with a double-tap when listening to music or podcasts.
AirPods deliver 5 hours of listening time and 3 hours of talk time on a single charge. And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple charges for more than 24 hours of listening time. Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time.
Powered by the all-new Apple H1 headphone chip, AirPods use optical sensors and motion accelerometers to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the H1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional speech-detecting accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
1. Automatically on, automatically connected
2. Easy setup for all your Apple devices
3. Quick access to Siri by saying Hey Siri
4. Double-tap to play or skip forward
5. New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
6. Charges quickly in the case
7. Case can be charged using the Lightning connector
8. Rich, high-quality audio and voice
9. Seamless switching between devices
10. Listen and talk all day with multiple charges from the Charging Case
AirPods (each): 4 g
Charging Case: 38 g
AirPods (each): 16.5 by 18.0 by 40.5 mm
Charging Case: 44.3 by 21.3 by 53.5 mm
Charging Case: Lightning connector
AirPods Sensors (each):
Dual beamforming microphones
Dual optical sensors
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with iOS 12.2 or later
Apple Watch models with watchOS 5.2 or later
Mac models with macOS 10.14.4 or later
Apple TV models with tvOS 12.2 or later